Thursday, January 26, 2012

Green

Today I went out and bought a blender, FINALLY! We left ours in England because it was 220. I kept on saying we need a blender and always forgot or thought next time. I asked Nick if he wanted to drink a "green monster" with me today and he said he will try it. I got the ingredients we didn't have on hand and blended it up.


It definitely does not look appetizing but it was not that bad. Nick actually really like it, and so did Alexia. I was not loving it because it tasted like banana. I do not like bananas, not at all. I still drank all of it so I am very proud of myself. I plan on having one every morning. Tomorrow will have blueberries in it. I will look up some more recipes so we can have a pretty decent variety of options.

I have also been trying to cook healthier. I found this toddler cook book and the recipes are for 2 adults and 2 kids, so portion control is a lot easier this way.



I decided on a spinach bake for tonight. I wanted something without pasta and wtih some greens, so this was perfect.


Mine ended up looking like this:


It tasted great, and Nick said it was amazing! Usually my fatty foods get the amazing rating so I am glad I have some healthy options to turn to. I want Alexia to stay as healthy as she is and to have healthy eating habits. Who am I kidding, Nick and I need those things too so I just have to keep it up.

1 comment: