Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Better

I have completely neglected this blog since we left for Hawaii in November. Lots has happened since and I guess this is a mini re-cap: Hawaii was awesome in every which way and can't wait to go back. Thanksgiving was yummy and we had friends over at our house. Nick went TDY for a couple of weeks so we didn't start Christmas fun until he got back. Christmas was so much fun because Alexia was way more into it and opened all the presents (even mine and Nick's). New Years was pretty uneventful since we stayed at home and enjoyed being lazy. Now we are in the middle of January and time is flying by so fast.

I was thinking about resolutions for a while and making lists here and there. Nick and I made our traditional To-Do list for the year. It is not so much a resolutions list, more of a wish-list for the year. Two years ago we did really good (we did all but one) but last year was a different story. The only thing we accomplished was going to Hawaii. Everything else we kinda fell short on, oh well. This year we are determined to accomplish it all, fingers crossed.

Now back to my resolutions. After a bunch of mini lists and thinking about it long and hard I decided I only have one resolution and it will be my resolution every year from now on. I will try to be better. I want to be better at all that I do. I want to be a better cook and expand my recipe collection. I want to be better at finishing all my projects. I want to be better at keeping up with the laundry and dishes (this one is one of the blah ones). I want to be better at taking care of myself physically and mentally.

Most importantly I want to be a better mom to Alexia and a better wife to Nick. I will work better at finding things that make their lives better. I already have a lot of things planned for Alexia and I to do this year. There are plans for Nick and I to do things together as well.

As long as I try, I will succeed. And as a side note when I get my camera back I will be posting lots of pictures because I want to be better at taking pictures and using my camera properly!

No comments:

Post a Comment